Monday, February 21, 2011

Dreams

We all, or all of my generation at least, grew up hearing 'everything will turn out JUST FINE as long as you have... a DREAM!' Our movies tell us to dream big, our songs do, our books and tv shows tell us that everything will be okay as long as we have a DREAM. But... what about the kids that don't have dreams?

I never said 'I want to be a...' when I grow up. I never wanted to grow up. I never thought it would REALLY happen. And then one day, before I even realized it, I was 18. And then 19. And I realized I should be heading for college. And that I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do with my life. Just that everything up until this point has told me that I SHOULD.

So I've been sitting in borderline misery because I JUST DIDN'T KNOW, and everything has always told me that I'm SUPPOSED TO KNOW. So I did what I have always done, screwed around on the internet. I wallowed on thatguywiththeglasses.com, watching video after video after video. And finally, finally, finally decided to try it myself.

More than writing. More than drawing. More than singing or chatting or gaming or watching graphically beautiful movies. I love making them. I love talking to the camera and trying to make people laugh. I love editing the pieces together, wincing at my fails and grinning when I actually manage to make my face emote. I love everything about it. I don't have a dream, but finally I have a passion, and I think that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment