Thursday, January 13, 2011

Your View and Mine

I read a blog post today, I won't link or say where, but I read a blog today that touched on a semi controversial sort of self-expression and self-indentity. What they wrote about was crossdressing and transsexualism (please excuse my lack of PC terms, I hate them). What was said was that crossdressers have no choice in what they do, that they're driven by the same need that transsexuals are. The entire tone of the blog was one of anger and defensiveness. That they knew people would disagree and were violently daring them to (cursing profusely about it) and saying what they said as fact, and DARING you to use any sources of study to argue against it.

Well, that's your view. Opinion. Theory. Guess. None of it grounded in fact. A blanket statement said as fact with no data to back it up is little more than opinion. One said in anger and with a clear intent to ignore any argument and discourse on the subject tells me more about you than you'd think. It tells me you're stubborn to a fault, that you like attention and like being right but don't want to be proven wrong so you hide in the bushes and say anyone who tries to argue your own points is attacking you.

Of course, that's just my view. Feel free to prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment