Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nostalgia and the Future

I realize, looking back, that I have become what I always hated. Cynicism and sarcasm, stress and responsibility are ruining my life.

This summer, I am going to have fun. I'm too damn young to be frowning all the time. I will strive to be more awesome every day. I will get a nerf gun and make my own games. I will get myself kicked out of Walmart for playing in the aisles. I will order a sammich with everything on it, and find a bum to share it with. I will make art every day, because it makes me happy to do so. I will have fun, because I am alive and because I am able.

I will take action instead of making excuses. Leave the house because it is FUN to dance in the rain. Walk to absolutely nowhere, for no reason than because I can. I will read books in the sunshine again, and swim with my friends. I will do everything that makes me happy, because it makes me happy, because that should be the only reason I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment