Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Internet

Computer screens have replaced doors as our portal to the world outside our homes.
In place of walking down the street we now walk into chat rooms.
In place of opening a book we now open a browser.
In place of touching hands and shoulders we touch keyboards and mice.
In place of emotions we act on logic - Can I get away with it? Yes.
No one knows my face. Even if I tell the truth they can think I am lying. It's the internet.
The internet age.
Where facts are suspect and emotions are a liability. Hot computers of cold plastic and metal are rated higher than the humans that use them.
We are limited by our hardware and our software is limited by us.
The internet is a game. It is chess. Every action is a strategic move.
Blog today: My cat died. Sympathy.
Art today: A sunset. False sight.
Facebook today: Link to a hot article. I'm on top of things.
Every move we make, action we take, calculated by us and judged by others; calculating a response and what the response to that, and to that, and to that will be.
Human interaction boiled down to 140 characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment