Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is It Insomnia if You Took A Nap?



So, as it may have been guessed, I am a little bit stressed out right now. But things are solving themselves (as things often do when you don't prod them too much) and I should be calming down. I feel a bit like an avalanche has fallen on me and I escaped with only a bruised ego and dinged pride.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. On my head. Possibly giving me a concussion or amnesia or further brain damage. I suspect it will be a steel-toed boot. Size 23, men's, wide.

I'm starting to think, though, that the other shoe is simply my own neuroses killing me slowly. Jumping at every sound, having a mild panic attack every time the phone rings. Unable to sleep in bed, instead passing out on the couch, JUST IN CASE. And then, only during the day, because I feel guilty if I leave her alone in bed.

So I stay up all night fretting by the computer, accomplishing... well, actually quite a lot in an effort to distract myself. And then sleeping the afternoon away, because there are people around so I know it's safe.

We will be gone by the end of the month, but I have to wonder if this will stick with me even when I don't have to be on alert every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment