Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Confliction of Ethics, Emotion and Guts

I have loud neighbors. They have been loud for a while. I have never seen these neighbors, but I know a lot about them. I know they're nice enough to lend duct tape, no questions asked. I know they have a rocking sound system that can pump bass like a tricked out thug car. I know someone over there really likes their first-person shooters. I know that he can yell loud enough to be heard anywhere in my apartment. I know that sometimes she cries. They remind me of a song.

That song. It is a song I have taken to heart on more occasions than just about anyone knows. I cannot help but think that I should do something, if just to find out why he yells and she cries at three am. I hear one thing clearly from him, anger. One thing from her, apology. I don't know their circumstances, I don't know their names, I don't know their faces, but I hear things through the walls that make me want to be a better person than I am. I just don't know if I can. I don't know if it's right that I poke my nose in. Sometimes people just argue...
I don't know if it's the question or the answer that bothers me more...

No comments:

Post a Comment